Monday, April 4, 2011

Lust Leads to Hell and Not Happiness

I met two men at the Speedway gas station on Poplar Level Road. They were looking at a smutty magazine and talking about women's body parts as if they were items on a buffet:  there for the taking.

I think I felt the Spirit telling me, "Be bold!  Talk to them."  So I passed over the gasoline median and said to Chuckie, the one standing outside his car, "Did you know that lust will send you to Hell?"

He replied, "Excuse me?  What did you say?"  I repeated it and explained that Jesus said, "If anything causes you to sin, cut off your right hand...For it's better to enter heaven with one member than it is to enter Hell with both."

I then talked about how Jesus is willing to forgive us of all our sins if we do two things:  repent and believe.

It turns out that Chuckie has a possible 20+ prison sentence hanging over his head.  We discussed how Jesus can sustain him through taking responsibility for his crime, how Jesus can help him persevere through all trials, etc.

I also felt compelled to bust out some freestyle gospel rap to try to make the message more understandable and also relevant in their minds.

We prayed for their lives, I invited to come to our home on Sundays when we gather to learn more about Jesus.  I then felt compelled to give them 20 bucks to communicate the grace of God--it's a gift--nothing we can do to earn His forgiveness and love--all of grace!

May they see Jesus as their happiest satisfaction and treasure.  He is wanting to free people from Hell and their Hellish desires.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    Laura and I are always spurred on by your boldness to speak to others. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete