Thursday, August 20, 2009

8.20.09: God is so amazing!!!

I tried to fall back asleep after Beth fed our daughter, Katelyn Michelle, but was unable to. So I turned on my I-pod to Lecrae and walked outside to participate in some rap devotion, a prayer time spurred on by lyrical theology.

I am in awe of the love of God!!! God eagerly loves sinners through Jesus Christ! What a blessing! What a joy to know that God forgives and frees and becomes friends with people who deserve Hell, all because God has chosen them in Christ! This is very good and very sweet news!

I have also been encouraged by the importance of written letters. How words can bring power! My wife and I try to write a letter once a week to each other. Every time I receive hers, it is like a pepperoni pizza, Reese's ice cream, and Christmas all at the same time! I encourage everyone to be busy in writing letters. Much of the New Testament is in letter format, personal words to encourage and challenge others. May we do this with joy and diligence!!!

God has been really gracious with my work time. I am required to sign up four students a month and have 6 recommendations a month. So far in August I have had 9 students and 60 recommendations! And I have enjoyed the time! I get to enjoy my co-workers through singing, jokes and motivational encouragement to keep working hard. I get to enjoy the students I talk to on the phone and encourage single moms to keep persevering. I get to help students improve their financial situations to be able to care for their families. I get to call my wife on my lunch break and see how she is. I can take classes for free (except PhD which I am considering, that's 75% off). God has been very good!

I have also seen the Lord's kindness in the birth of our daughter, Katelyn Michelle. Beth was having contractions throughout the day on 8.14.09. I got home around 6:30 and she was in the bathtub, looking like she could use relief. We saw contractions 5 minutes apart. We got into the car. I tried to drive as fast as I could without being reckless. We arrived at 7:20. Got in a bed at 7:30. Water broke at 7:31. Baby came at 7:38. Beth and I had prayed several times for a quick labor and a healthy baby and cooperative nurses. We received answers to all these. Beth didn't even have to receive a hep-lock because she went into labor so quickly!

And Beth has done so well as a mother of two! I am seriously impressed with her service towards her, her patience towards Caleb as he transitions into sharing parents and resources, her joyfulness in our daughter, so much! Praise God for the anchor she is in my life!

May God give all of a revived spirit to know the love of God in Christ, to love God in Christ through sincere obedience to the word of God in Christ, and to love one another as we see the Day approaching when all believers will be swimming in the love of our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment